We are excited to offer this theatre intensive in partnership with cwACT.
Designed to offer experienced directors new methodologies and exercises and give new directors the tools needed to jump into their own productions, this is an event for all.
Participants will walk through the entire production process on the first day, and are invited to fully direct their own short play on stage for the second day, receiving hands on training and immediate feedback.
Participants will learn the ins and outs of directing for the community theatre stage and leave with a digital/paper toolkit including useful documents that prepare anyone for a smooth production process.
Join a great artistic environment and network with fellow directors in the
Central Wisconsin Area.
· Director’s Handbook: Toolkit of useful documents
· Audition Methods: To call-back or not to call-back
· Rehearsal Scheduling: Varied approaches
· Rhythm/Tempo: Leading your audience
· Tech week: Looking with a new set of eyes
· Musicals: How to attack 3 shows in 1
· Talking Tech: Communicating your needs with tech designers
Date: March 7-8, 2020 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Lunch included!
Location: Day 1- 2952 Minnesota Ave. in Stevens Point "The Shack" cwACT
Day 2- 220 3rd Ave. South, Wisconsin Rapids WRCT
Cost: $20 for both days, $10 student, senior 60+, or military price
Pre and day of registration available
For more details contact 715.421.0435 or